Where Vibes Meet Vision
MY JOURNEY TRULY BEGAN WHEN VIBES MET VISION.
my tagline "where vibes meet vision" is not just a catchy brand move, it was truly the game-changer in me becoming the best version of myself. i want you to be the best version of yourself too, so this post is me sharing my ri-flections with you. enjoy! ⚡
the power of positivity has changed my life.
did you know that you can just decide to be happy? that you can simply rebel against the world trying to make you feel a certain way about a set of circumstances or a tragic event? that you can choose to surround yourself with people who make you feel good? that you can speak into existence what you want manifested into your life? i might have known this in theory, but i certainly wasn't practicing positivity like i am now.
vibes are day to day decisions we make that have direct implications on our mood and attitude about ourselves and our lives. we definitely cannot control everything, but we can choose how to feel about all of those things. each and every day, choose happy. just try it - watch your life change.
what kind of vibes do you give off? here are some reflective questions that have helped me keep a positive attitude, regardless the circumstances:
- how often do you resist the negative thoughts or self-talk that attempt to flood your mind?
- how often do you speak into existence what you want manifested into reality?
- how often do you consume strictly positive or socially conscious media?
- think about the five people you engage with the most: what are they about? how do they make you feel? how do they feel about themselves?
- what are you grateful for today?
GOOD VIBES DON'T HAPPEN OVERNIGHT, BUT HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN DO TODAY:
set a daily intention. anything that you want to focus on for that day.
at the end of the day or week, reflect on your energy levels and how you can continue to improve them.
like i said, one of my strengths has always been my ability to keep a vivid long-term vision, to find clarity amid cloudiness. always. I realized that this was a strength when I was 18 and re-read a journal entry written by my 13 year old self, addressed to my 18 year old self. my saving grace during this identity crisis was envisioning the woman I knew I would become five years later, writing to her, and channeling the strength and wisdom I knew she possessed.
a vision gives us something to look forward to, a light at the end of each tunnel. while a vision may seem distant, it helps us be intentional about the steps we take each and every day. a vision reminds us that there's hope for tomorrow.
do you keep a vivid vision around? here are some questions for you to consider when evaluating your vision:
- where are you headed? what is your #roadto_?
- think about the person you hope to be five years from now. how do you feel about this person? are they a stranger, a dear friend, or somewhere in between? why?
- think about the moves or decisions you've made this month. are they connected to something greater than your day to day tasks?
- remember those five people i asked about above? are they a significant part of your journey in ten years (literally or figuratively)?
- what do you stand for?
YOU WON'T REALIZE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY, BUT HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN DO TODAY:
Write a letter to your "five years from now" self.
vividly describe that person and how they are different from the person writing. seek their advice, encouragement and assurance like you would a best friend.
as I've mentioned, the #roadto_ brand is really all about the intersection between good vibes and a long-term vision. practicing both doesn't happen overnight, but I know this movement can help you get closer and closer to that place. don't get me wrong, sometimes we intentionally change course, sometimes we get re-routed, but I guarantee if you commit to a meaningful destination and stay mindful of your energy along the way, you'll find that, in many ways, you're already there.